PROGRESSIVE WOMENS HEALTH, PLLC
At Progressive women’s health, we understand that women face different concerns as they go through different stages of their lives. So, we offer a comprehensive range of OB/GYN services that are highly personalized, respectful, patient-centered, and designed to help women of any age deal with issues of almost every type.
We believe that good health is one of a woman’s greatest necessities – and that makes it one of our greatest priorities. Our providers have the knowledge and compassion necessary to help prevent disease and preserve your well-being, with capabilities that include:
- Menopause care – Diagnosis and management of menopausal issues like vaginal dryness, sexual dysfunction, insomnia, Hot flashes etc.
- Heavy menstrual cycle or menorrhagia – Diagnosis and treatment of menorrhagia. Most common causes are fibroids, uterine polyps, endometrial hyperplasia, endometrial cancer. Treatment options include Mirena IUD, endometrial ablation, hysterectomy, oral contraceptive pills, progesterone injections or pills
- Postmenopausal bleeding (PMB) – Diagnosis and management of postmenopausal bleeding. Usually a biopsy is needed to diagnose postmenopausal bleeding. Most common causes of PMB are a polyps, atrophy, endometrial cancer or hyperplasia. PMB must be diagnoses because of high risk for malignancy
- Ovarian cysts – Diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cysts. Most common cysts are dermoid cyst, benign hemorrhagic cyst, other benign tumors of the ovary. Ovarian cancer must be ruled out when ovarian cyst is complex and large
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome– Diagnosis and treatment of PCOS including blood work, weight loss, hormonal treatment.
- Medical weight loss – Medical weight loss and referrals to bariatric surgery
- Genetic testing – Diagnosis and management of BRCA. Referrals to genetic counselors for patient with family history of breast and ovarian cancer
- Management of irregular menstruation – issues ranging from the onset menstruation to those related to menopause
- Routine annual examinations – pap smears, human papillomavirus (HPV) testing, and pelvic and other exams
- Contraceptive counseling – advice, guidance, and education on the different forms of birth control. Prescription for Birth control
- Pregnancy testing – Pregnancy diagnosis, management of first trimester pregnancy complications like ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage management, D&C
- Infertility– working with couples to determine the cause of infertility, and then building a program for a safe, healthy pregnancy and delivery
- Sexually transmitted infection – diagnosis, treatment of STI’s, and educational programs focused on prevention
We understand how personal the relationship between you and your physician can be. That is why we strive to keep your needs and concerns met always. We take pride in providing care to everyone in the community.
Our OB/GYN services are just part of PWH commitment to bring comprehensive wrap-around care to all our neighbors and to open our doors, our arms, and our hearts to all the patients we serve.